Saturday, February 17, 2018

When Work Meets Pleasure

       
          Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work according to Aristotle. The happier and contented you are in your working place the merrier you will be. It was just a mere conversation among school heads during a conference to better take a break from work stress and unveil pleasure by hanging out for a get together celebration. Many suggestions were raised but Emilia Hotel and Resort surfaced among other venues nominated. 
      Emelia Hotel and Resort is located in Kawit, Medellin, Cebu. The place was so amazing for me as I am new to the place. It was a peaceful resort with several air conditioned rooms for guests. It has big function rooms suited for gatherings and get together parties. There are swimming polls and cottages for those who want to go swimming. I enjoyed getting along with all other school heads forgetting my loneliness working away from home.
     I have known countless people who are happy with their work. They find meaning, significance, and joy in it. Additionally, I have met many people who are unhappy with their work and choose to spend an additional percentage of their life complaining about it. Interestingly enough, these differences in attitudes have little to do with the actual work being done. 
      Pleasure and work should be inseparable in doing the actual job. Changing our attitude towards work is often far easier than changing jobs. Our attitude towards work can find joy and fulfillment in it.Pleasure in work eliminates stress and promotes hard work leading to success. Working hard for someone we don’t care about is called stress while working hard for someone we love is called passion.

3 comments:

  1. I worked for years at a job I loved. The last few years, it changed and I disliked that workplace. Work became a chore which it had never been. I was happy to retire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear friend Marie Smith for following my blog. Yes work become stressful if we dislike the ambiance. Now that you retired from work make the most of life and enjoy all the blessing God will shower unto you.

      Delete